Friday, February 1, 2013

Lazy Day

Today was rainy and cold outside, but I can't complain because the weather has been great so far! I am not missing the snow and ice at home at all, nor am I missing walking to class in the Bloomington-Normal wind. Last night we ventured over the bridge and away from the Duomo and found an awesome pizzeria! The best meal I have had so far and the wine was also good and the price was great! We think we might go back there every other week because we loved it so much. We've found that it is less touristy across the bridge and that's where we will find the best food. After a long dinner we stopped to get some gelato. We ended up paying 7 euro for it (which is expensive for gelato) and it was not the best, so I'm hoping we find a better place next time. Today (Friday) we had another orientation and received a lot of information. We have to register for a permit of stay so we don't get deported! It's a long process and I'm not looking forward to it. After orientation we came back to our apartment and ended up napping for awhile, which was much needed. When we finally woke up we went to the euro store ( like a dollar store but everything actually costs 1 euro) and then I went with Angela and Danielle to get some slippers from Coin (like a Macy's) and they found some fashionable slippers to wear around our apartment.

The first picture below is the restaurant right next to our apartment that we went to the first night. The other pictures are views from our terrace and there is also a picture of my sweet Italian phone that I use to call people in Italy. And of course you can see the slippers Angela and Danielle bought.. I'll probably get some myself.













No comments:

Post a Comment