Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Shopping Trips

Here are some pictures from Sunday and Monday! We pretty much ran errands, figured out where our classes were, and shopped around.

Sunday we stopped to go inside the Duomo for the first time. It was beautiful, as expected. We are planning to go to mass there and also take the tour to the top of the dome itself. We also made our first big dinner here instead of just sandwiches and cheese. It turned out well and afterwards we got gilato from a place down the street called Grom. I had pistachio and loved it! It was a relaxing night after the long weekend. It would have been nice to watch the Super Bowl, but I has to resort to watching episodes of Even Stevens on YouTube...

Yesterday (Monday) I discovered that I need to learn how to read price tags here. I went into a store and found a leather jacket that I really liked and I thought the tag said 59 euro. It said made in Italy on it but it was in a store so I thought it would be less expensive because it was hand made at the leather market or anything, plus there was a sale going on. I was so excited to buy it but when I went to pay for it the cost showed 189,00! I told the sales lady no gratzie and she just stared at me and then yelled ciao...needless to say we walked away quickly so she didn't see the shocked looks on our faces. I was nervous she was going to make me pay for it! We figured out that I looked at the size of the jacket so now I'm really careful when I shop. I did end up buying a hat though and my roommates got scarves and hats as well ( they got theirs from the market and were able to get their stuff cheaper than the asking price because they are pros). All in all it was a good first shopping trip!

Pictures are below, Ciao for now!

1-8- Pictures inside of the Duomo, as well as some artist that are really good at drawing George Clooney in his younger years

9-12-Pictures at sunset down by the bridge area

13-14- An old piazza we found with vintage looking apartments

15-16-The dinner we made on Sunday night. We had salad with olive oil and red vinegar dressing, olive oil to dip our bread in with grated cheese and oregano, and noodles with oregano and butter and fresh mozzarella cheese (my favorite)

17-18- This is the door to our apartment and the cart that our new friend works at. He sells scarves, T-shirts, hats, and more. Every time we walk by him we say ciao and he gives us directions. He also told us he would lend us his Italian books if we need help studying...we don't know his name yet but we'll find out soon I'm sure

19-A picture of the baby truck that is always outside our kitchen window. I don't know what it's used for but it's the smallest truck I've ever seen.

20-WE FINALLY FOUND TO-GO CUPS! This is a big deal because I do not like having to stand at the cafe bar and drink my coffee or tea...I like to get on with my day and look cool walking around with a to-go cup. The cups are small, as you can see, but they work.

21- The store that I will not be going in simply because the guards know I don't belong there and they make me feel awkward











































No comments:

Post a Comment